Tuesday, March 27, 2007

Under Review: The Slip

These guys have been around the block a few times but seemed to have slipped under the radar. Considering their Shins-ish sound I find it pretty weird that the cool kids have yet to pick up on them. Maybe it's the fact that I don't watch Grey's Anatomy.

I know, I hate that show too.

But enough about lame doctor shows, this Boston trio has some serious good stuff going on pretty much throughout their new LP Eisenhower. While there isn't anything "new" here, The Slip seem to have figured out exactly how to write catchy, cute indie pop. Personally I would love to hear them get diverge from their sound a bit and add some synth to flush out the sound they hint at in "Mothwing Bite". Meanwhile, what The Slip do, they do well, pretty much everything from opener "Children of December" to closer "Paper Birds" is pretty damn good.

I'm sure that anyone who liked the Garden State soundtrack will dig this LP bigtime.

Eisenhower is out now on STUDIO PLATEAU Records.

No comments: