Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Under Review: Mice Parade


Even though I'm only a few posts in I can already see a habit forming - the second installment of Under Review is also a self titled album. Mice Parade is Mice Parade's 7th release and when you listen to it you ask yourself "how the hell have I not heard about this band until now?!". A Wolf Parade knock off, this band is not.

Mice Parade really stands out because of it's blend of styles. They mix acoustic guitar and Boards of Canada-ish IDM electro; layered one atop the other. Ironically the closest comparison I can come up with is Sunset Rubdown mixed with Sparklehorse. Needless to say, they rocked my socks.

Mice Parade - Tales Of Las Nigras (MP3) (Click On Listen button)



Mice Parade's self titled LP will be out April 12, 2007 on FatCat Records.

No comments: