Saturday, September 8, 2007

Osheaga Saturday Recap

Just a quick check in kids. The Veils rocked - as expected. I wish they played a longer set though, they only managed to squeeze in 5 or so songs. Even at that they were my favorite band of the day.

Meanwhile, what I saw of the Vice showcase was great; namely Fucked Up and CPC Gangbangs. They really provided a nice contrast to the slower, folkier stuff. Also, they both get points for running/jumping into the crowd and getting the indie kids moshing.

Also scoring high points were Stars and Explosions in the Sky. I'd never seen either of them live before and I didn't know what to expect. Thankfully their stage presence was fantastic and they really delivered.

And yes, I checked out a tiny bit of the Smashing Pumpkins, but truth be told they just aren't my thing. Thankfully the throngs of people there to see them seemed to dig 'em just fine.

Make sure to get there early tomorrow to catch Voxtrot get things started!

No comments: